Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This is just a little bit about me

Lately, I haven't had very much time to update my blog. So instead of forcing myself to create something out of thin air (my minds been preoccupied with all sorts of lifes endeavoring events and complicities), I decided to just talk a little bit about myself, especially considering I just had to do so in my new online screenwriting course.

I am 21 years old and writing is my passion. It has been ever since I was in high school. At first it was my dream to write a book and so, for several years I struggled and attempted to complete some. I did, but it was never quite satisfying. Every story I either left without a complete and full ending or I would strain myself until I was able to "wrap it up". Needless to say I never tried to get anything published, but there were definitely instances where I was pleased with what I had written and accomplished.

As the years past and I neared the decision of what it was I wanted to pursue in my post-secondary education, I stumbled across a website which was for a screenwriting competition held each year.The competition was created by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon and each year any inspiring screenwriter (within California) could enter into the contest and if they won, their screenplay would be turned into a film. I began reading different screenplays, both from the contest and also those of already produced feature films. My favorites at the time were Godfather, Bourne Supremecy, The Departed, amongst many others. I took a year of Film Studies at a local community college but have since decided that I want to take a more hands on approach to everything, including writing/directing my own short films and also shooting music videos and possibly documentaries.

I became intrigued by screenwriting, the fascination of creating movies. I have since ritten three feature length scripts, all of which I am currently revising. It is a dream but I am motivated and ambitious in becoming a screenwriter and hopefully (after I attend the New York Film Academy), one day, adirector. My imagination is vivid and indepth whereas my creativity never ceases. I believe myself to be somewhat of an artist; I paint pictures with my words. I want to create visual masterpieces through both my writing and direction in filmmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment